Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cauliflower Soup


I just made the Roasted Cauliflower Soup from Fatfree Vegan, and it was awesome. I used a hand held blender and so I got a few small chunks, but the soup was thick, creamy, and delicious. We didn't have any truffle oil, but we drizzled on a little of the Chilean peppery olive oil that I got B for Hannukah and some paprika. It was really great, and I think the truffle oil would have taken it that extra mile ... I will be making this again.



Also made Mac Daddy. Despite my love affair with nutritional yeast, I was a little underwhelmed. It was good, but not great. B really liked it - which was good, because we made the full recipe which serves 10 and have frozen it so he can eat it whenever.

3 comments:

Ribbit said...

Oooooh, the soup looks awesome.

Ribbit said...

and that's a real nice photo of the mac n cheese, actually.

jasmine said...

that soup sounds great! i'll have to try it.